Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Guangzhou

July 4, 2007
"Emily wake up..." was the first thing I heard when I opened my eyes today. "Do you want to go to the pool?" Dad asked. I saw Becca was already out of bed and putting her swim suit on. I said "no" and attempted to return to sleep. After being woken up at 7:45 in the morning and trying to go back to sleep after you've already seen the sun is pretty difficult. I could not go to sleep and I slowly walked out of the bedroom and into Mom and Dad's room. I found mom awake and watching TV. We got dressed and met and Dad and Becca downstairs for breakfast. After breakfast we met Elsie at 10:30 in the lobby ready to go eye glasses shopping. We took a taxi to downtown Guangzhou and went into "Eyeglass World." Dad, Rebecca and I all picked out new glasses, they were very inexpensive. We had our eyes examined and were told that we could come back @ 4:00 to pick up the glasses.

After we placed our eye glasses order we walked around downtown Guangzhou and did lots of shopping. We returned to the Hotel and Dad, Rebecca and I went swimming in the waterfall pool. At 2:00 we went out to see if our stamps were completed. The shop owner recognized us and immediately got out the stamps. I went down the street to see if my purse had arrived yet, unfortunately, due to traffic the purse wouldn't be in until later that day. We returned to the hotel and met Elsie in the lobby again at 4:00 to go back to "Eyeglass World" and pick up our glasses. After 30 minutes we returned back to the hotel, all with new glasses. Elsie told us that we should meet back in the lobby around 7:00 for our sea cruise! We walked to Lucy's Bar and Restaurant
, the one place that was just like a Johnny Rockets, and Pasta House all in one. After lunch we hung out in the hotel, then when 7pm rolled around we walked downstairs to find Elsie waiting for us.

We had an amazing time on the cruise. We had dinner and ice cream. We even went on the top roof of the ship and saw Guangzhou wonderful buildings, lights, and sights!After an incredible cruise on the South China Sea we so tired. We took a taxi back to the hotel and once we were in our room, we slept!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-digital-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.